Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 22 Next »


During the march 11th GB F2F meeting, the board recommended having a reference ML workflow / stack, and showcasing where current LF AI hosted projects fall. The idea is to have a reference architecture and to allow us to identify gaps in our project portfolio so we can focus on project recruitment in areas that we need most, leading us to provide a reference implementation using LF AI hosted projects.

Mail List

Please subscribe to the TAC mailing list:


Working Group Lead: Ofer Hermoni <>





Ibrahim HaddadLinux
Nat SubramanianTech
Vishnu Ram OVMember of ITU FG
Vijay R
Gordon I.
Hussain A. AlkazemiWorld Bank Group (WBG)
Patrick FuGemini Open
Edison Peng Gemini Open

Sophia Arakelyan

Neeraj Kashyap

Next Meeting

Thursday October 3, 2019 at 8:00 am PT.

Please contact Ofer Hermoni or email to be added to the call invitation.


How to Join:

Contact Ofer to get invites

Meeting Content (minutes / recording / slides / other):



  • Goals defined for the meeting:
    • Reevaluate the ML Workflow stack according to feedback we got
    • Work on integration between different LFAI projects
  • Ofer Hermoni shared that there is a lot of interest from the community (LFAI members and the broader community), and many joined this effort, we have 18 people representing 8 companies!
  • evaluate the ML Workflow stack (see here updated deck):
    • Patrick Fu (from Gemini Open Cloud) shared their view on the ML Pipeline (see slide 2 on the deck), main difference was the data consistency layer - we added it to our stack
    • Ofer Hermoni mentioned that Fitz Wang showed in OSS that Angel supports Feature Engineering as well - we added that to the stack
    • Next step - update existing projects on the new stack
  • Integration between different projects:
    • Natarajan Subramanian shared with the team the work we are doing regarding the integration between Acumos and Angel and between Acumos and Horovod
    • Next step - set a "1:1" session dedicated to the integration between Angel and Acumos (Thursday September 19th)
  • More next steps


  • We farther refined the presentation and discussed next steps for this group
  • IBM presented some of the internal work they are doing around AI open source


  • We discussed the different open source projects and mapped them to our stack. See the results here
  • Next week Animesh will present a framework IBM is building and we will discuss how it can be beneficial to create collaboration between different LFAI projects
  • We will also prepare content for the next TAC meeting in which we will review our progress


  • We defined our goal, and started to review the stack. This is the result
  • No labels