Technology around Business Intelligence (BI) has been developed since 1990s. Most of the BI tools was built because of the sprout of Relation Database Management System (RDBMS). After many years of development and evolution, BI is now a pretty mature area that most modern corporations embrace and has a long history to help human to understand data in an intuited way.
On the other hand, the growth of AI has been exploded since 2010s. AI models can now run on Big Data much more cost effective than years ago by ever-improving algorithms in a lightening speed. However, speed without correct direction can lead to issues such as bias results, if not disaster.
Hence, there is a need for the convergence of traditional BI and AI disciplines including Machine Learning, Deep Learning by this equation AI + BI = CI.
The goal of this committee is to integrate the power of AI and BI to make it CI (Cognitive Intelligence) by combing the speed machines accelerate (AI) with the direction intuited by human insight (BI). We have the following mission:
- Increase the interoperability for the BI vendors and AI technology
- Propose industry best practices and standard for how BI and AI can work together
- Promote practical guidelines on how to run AI model on BI tools
Open BI/AI Connectivity OBAIC Initiative
- Details on this page: Open Business and Artificial Intelligence Connectivity (OBAIC)
- General Discussion list - https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-discussion
- Announcements list - https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-announce
Chairperson: Cupid Chan
|Cupid Chan||Pistevo Decisionemail@example.com|
Human-Centered AI for BI Industry
BI Endgame - When BI Meets AI
Data Science Notebook Guideline
How to Join:
Bi-weekly meeting every other Wednesday at 4PM ET: https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-discussion/ics/9276550/1026026445/feed.ics
Meeting Content (minutes / recording / slides / other):