|Table of Contents|
Technology around Business Intelligence (BI) has been developed since 1990s. Most of the BI tools was built because of the sprout of Relation Database Management System (RDBMS). After many years of development and evolution, BI is now a pretty mature area that most modern corporations embrace and has a long history to help human to understand data in an intuited way.
On the other hand, the growth of AI has been exploded since 2010s. AI models can now run on Big Data much more cost effective than years ago by ever-improving algorithms in a lightening speed. However, speed without correct direction can lead to issues such as bias results, if not disaster.
Hence, there is a need for the convergence of traditional BI and AI disciplines including Machine Learning, Deep Learning by this equation AI + BI = CI.
The goal of this committee is to integrate the power of AI and BI to make it CI (Cognitive Intelligence) by combing the speed machines accelerate (AI) with the direction intuited by human insight (BI). We have the following mission:
- Increase the interoperability for the BI vendors and AI technology
- Propose industry best practices and standard for how BI and AI can work together
- Promote practical guidelines on how to run AI model on BI tools
2021 Initiative Open BI/AI Connectivity OBAIC
- “AI ODBC for BI”
- Once this is defined and developed, BI vendors can connect to any AI framework (TensorFlow, PyTorch… etc) freely without concerning about the underlying implementation, just like what we used to have for database with ODBC
- As a BI platform, what specific call do I need this standard to provide so that I can better leverage any underlying AI/ML framework?
- As an AI practitioner, what should be the common denominator an AI framework should provide to support this standard?
- General Discussion list - https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-discussion
- Announcements list - https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-announce
Chairperson: Cupid Chan
|Cupid Chan||4C Decisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Piero Molino||Stanford Universityemail@example.com|
Human-Centered AI for BI Industry: https://lfaidata.foundation/wp-content/uploads/sites/68/2020/12/2020-LF-AI-%5E0-Data-Human_Centered-AI.pdf
BI Endgame - When BI Meets AI: https://www.odpi.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2019/11/BI-Endgame-When-AI-Meets-BI.pdf
Data Science Notebook Guideline: https://lfaidata.foundation/wp-content/uploads/sites/68/2020/12/odpi_wp_data_science_notebook_guidelines_111617.pdf
How to Join:
Bi-weekly meeting every other Wednesday at 4PM ET: https://lists.lfaidata.foundation/g/biai-discussion/ics/9276550/1026026445/feed.ics
Meeting Content (minutes / recording / slides / other):
Widget Connector url http://youtube.com/watch?v=KTdr2OkLl-o
Widget Connector url http://youtube.com/watch?v=ktDPN6xwJAs
Widget Connector url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpVOpyFfoSE
Widget Connector url https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHnHcDcOio