|Table of Contents|
Please submit any questions about this event to: email@example.com
Event Committee Lead: Jamil Chawki, Orange
Date: 16 September
Time: 9 am to 4 pm
Location: Paris-Châtillons, France
Venue: Orange Gardens, 44 Avenue de la République, 92320 Châtillon, France
Zoom meeting session recording: N/A
Register or RSVP for event here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/lfaiday-paris-2019/register/
Visa Letter Request Process: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/visa-request/
Two area airports provide service to Châtillon, France.
- Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) is a 40 minute drive from Châtillon
- Orly Airport – Aéroport de Paris-Orly (ORY) is a 20 minute drive from Châtillon
Recommended Area Hotel(s):
- Mercure Paris Malakoff Parc des Expositions
- Ibis budget Châtillon Paris Ouest
- Ibis Paris Porte de Vanves Parc des Expositions
- Métro line 13 : Châtillon-Montrouge
- T6 : Centre de Châtillon
- 388 bus: République-Liberté, Liberté, Rue Froide
Guest Parking Available: to To be confirmed
Security Access: ID card or passport
Guest Wifi: to To be confirmed
Meeting planning notes at bottom of page.
Key Event Tasks and Deadlines:
|Preparation of event Announcement|
|x||Jamil & Jacqueline||https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/lfaiday-paris-2019/|
|x||Jacqueline & Ibrahim|
|Draft Agenda & Blog post|
|Final AV Needs & Food and/or Beverage Sélections|
|x||Jamil & Ibrahim|
Please post agenda here.
Please post event photos here.
Planning Meeting Notes
Add planning meeting notes here for committee visibility.
|Registration & Agenda|
|9:10-9:30||Welcome message||Nicolas Demassieux SVP, Orange Labs Research|
|9:30-9:50||Building Sustainable Open Source AI Ecosystem||Ibrahim Haddad, Executive Director, LF AI Foundation|
|9:50-10:20||Orange AI activities|
Steve Jarrett VP, Orange Data & AI
|10:20-10:50||NTT's Challenges of AI for Innovative Network Operation|
Masakatsu Fujiwara, Project Manager, NTT Network Technology Laboratories
|11:10-11:40||Acumos AI – Platform Overview, Releases and Use Cases||Anwar Aftab, Director, Inventive Science, AT&T Labs|
|11:40-12:00||We make AI accessible||Jamil Chawki, Intrapreneur-CEO Orange AI Marketplace|
|12:00-12:30||Trusted AI - Reproducible, Unbiased and Robust AI Pipelines using OpenSource||Dr. Margriet Groenendijk, Data Scientist, IBM Center for Open Source Data and AI Technologies|
|12:30-13:00||Activities in LF AI and Acumos||Sahar Tahvili, PhD. Lead Data Scientist, Global AI Accelerator, Ericsson|
|14:00- 14:40||Orange AI Marketplace demonstration||Philippe Dooze, Project Technical Lead Orange Labs Networks|
|14:40-15:10||Open Source AI strategy||Philippe Carré, Program Manager, Nokia Bell-Labs|
|15:10-16:00||Startups Panel discussion, Barriers for AI development|
François Tillerot, Intrapreneur-CMO, Orange AI Marketplace:
|16:20-16:30||Open discussion and Closing session|
3 Challenges for LF AI
- Control the « AI Economics » (ROI optimization & Risk management when introducing AI Model)
- Speed-up the development of end to end AI tools and the interoperability with Enterprise Data Lake
- Setting up guidelines for Trusted & Fairness «AI»
Several types of barriers were highlighted by the panelists
- Why to introduce AI - Difficulty to describe an AI use case and translate business benefit, not clear ROI.
-> Supporting customers in their strategy to introduce AI and build ROI can tackle this issue
- Project Technical or HR (skills) issues - Multiple environment/tools constrain End to End Solution, lack of talent/skills in companies, difficulty to deploy and scale.
-> Open source solutions, in particular LF AI and Acumos AI project will facilitate mutualized approaches and multi-skills collaboration to workaround
- Readiness (technical or mindset) - Data supply chain not ready, lack of trust
-> trustful AI approaches and better awareness in AI capabilities (also avoiding “overselling” AI) are potential solutions to tackle this.